As the co-founder of two tech startups spanning 2008-2011, I was primarily responsible for design, marketing, and business development for each. The learning experiences from both helped create my foundation for understanding complex business problems.
Coupious was one of the first location-based mobile coupon apps to launch on iPhone and Android. Individual merchants and account managers used a backend login to manage coupon campaigns and view analytics in real-time across numerous retail locations.
- Designed iOS and Android native apps and mobile web for BlackBerry.
- Secured software licensing deals with numerous companies in the U.S. and internationally.
- Established relationships with sales partners including the Minneapolis Star Tribune and North Jersey Media Group.
- Produced marketing materials and presentation documents.
- An acqui-hire offer by a venture-backed company was considered before deciding to pursue new ventures.
Crowdspoke was a social media aggregation and curation site that organized breaking news around specific topics. Utilizing the Twitter API, each topic page contained a Live Stream and a Top Information section curated by users.
- Designed the application UI, user flows, and look and feel.
- Raised seed capital in the form of a convertible note.
- Pivoted to a content discovery tool for social media marketers and earned paying customers.
- Produced all graphics for the application, marketing materials, and presentation documents.
- Managed social media channels and created original content to drive traffic.