Communicating a vision and message throughout an organization and to a public audience through changing conditions is a continuous balancing act. Organization, consistency, authenticity, and understanding audience are key. Good writing and storytelling, too.
Strategy, branding, digital and print publications, internal communications, crisis response, speaking, social media
Strategy & Leadership
- Lead the communications strategy of a 100-year old membership organization with 40,000+ living members.
- Led a 6-person team of staff and volunteers in developing a six-year organizational Strategic Plan. Drove the process from ideation to internal consensus building and unanimous adoption by stakeholders.
- Involved in key organizational decisions, messaging, and incident response. Develop and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
- Presentation of key initiatives to large audiences and smaller governing and advisory groups.
Plan and execute communications campaigns
- Design and produce a biannual magazine received by 22,000+ subscribers. Doubled output from an annual to biannual publication. Switched vendors to save approximately 25% on printing costs per issue.
- Regularly publish a bi-monthly email (HTML) newsletter to a 9,000-member list and deploy targeted email campaigns. Grew audience size by approximately 50%. Open rates regularly 2x-3x nonprofit association industry average.
- Manage Acacia’s online presence and social media channels. Facebook posts regularly and organically reach 25-33% of our total audience - approximately 2x performance compared to similar-sized pages.
- Manage branding and produce various digital and print marketing materials.